Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not use the Site. By using the Site, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Site after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
Children under the Age of 13
The Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We may collect information from and about users of our Site directly from you when you provide it to us and/or automatically when you use the Site.
Information You Provide to Us
When you register with or use this Site, we may ask you to provide information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card number, geolocation, device identification number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”), or that is about you but individually does not identify you.
This information includes: (i) Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Site, subscribing to our service, posting material, and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the Site; (ii) records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us; (iii) Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; (iv) Details of transactions you carry out through the Site and of the fulfillment of your orders (note that you may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Site); (v) Your search queries on the Site; and (vi) Your appearance at events where you use a QR code at the event location to indicate to us that you attended the event. You may be able to access features of the Site by using your Facebook or other social media accounts. Your privacy settings on your Facebook or other social media accounts, as well as the social media companies’ respective privacy policies, will determine the personal and other information that may be shared with us when you access the Site.
Automatic Information Collection And Tracking.
When you access and use the Site, it may use technology to automatically collect certain information, including but not limited to:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Site, we may automatically collect the domain name and host from which you access the Internet and the Internet address of the website from which you direct-linked to the Site, the date and time you access the Site and pages you visit, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Site.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your computer’s or device’s IP address and information about its operating system, platform, location, and the web browser type and version you use.
Location and Other Information. We may collect real-time information about the location of your device as well as demographic, usage patterns and other non-personally identifiable profile information about you.
We also may use technologies to collect information about your usage of the Site over time. We do not respond to web browser “do not track” signals.
Information Collection And Tracking Technologies. The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies. Most web browsers are set up to accept cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser. While you may block or disable cookies, if you do, the Site may not function and appear as designed.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Site or our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-party Information Collection
When you use the Site or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include: advertisers, ad networks and ad servers, analytics companies, your device manufacturer, etc.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this Site. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps and other online services or websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these third-parties, please go to www.networkadvertising.org/choices
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Site and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account or subscription, including any expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when Site updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Site.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. If you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated and de-identified information about our users without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, content providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to personalize services and products offered to you.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To protect safety and integrity of the Site, its users, the public or other parties as is deemed appropriate, in its sole discretion.
- To protect and defend our rights or property, you, or other third parties from fraud, abuse, or violation of the Terms and of Use or illegal acts.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety or that of our customers, users, contractors or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Accessing, Correcting and Deleting Your Information
You can request and obtain removal of your Posts and User Contributions by emailing email@example.com with your request and specifying the particular Post or User Contribution you seek to remove. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete any information if we believe such action would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. Removal of your Posts or User Contributions from the Site does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of such Posts or User Contributions from the Site as copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Site users. You can unsubscribe from any newsletters or various promotional emails at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” links provided in such communications. You may not opt out of Site-related communications, such as account verification, purchase confirmations and administrative messages, so long as you are registered with the Site.
Transfer of Information
As we develop our business, we might buy or sell businesses or their assets, or engage in transfers, acquisitions, mergers, restructurings, changes of control, or other transactions. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets and your information may be subject to such a transfer. You agree to and do hereby consent to any such transfer. Also, in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, your information may be transferred to a bankruptcy trustee or debtor in possession and then to a subsequent purchaser.
Social Media Plug-ins
Processing Your Information
The Site is hosted in the United States. Your use of the Site from the European Union or any other place in the world means you agree to transfer, store and process your personal information to and in the United States, which laws may not provide the same level of protection of those in the country from which you access the site. We may limit the availability of the Site or any service or product described on the Site to any person or geographic area at any time. If you choose to access the Site from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Alternatively, businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option to opt-out of such information-sharing. If you wish to opt-out of our sharing of your personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes or to find out more about your opt-out rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the personal information we collect online. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the personal information that we collect and store. But the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, (A) IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY BE LIABLE TO YOU WITH RESPECT TO USE OF THE SITE, CONTENT OR SERVICES AND (B) IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA, BREACH OF PRIVACY OR SECURITY, TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL DATA OR FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OF YOUR DEVICE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY UNDER THESE TERMS IS TO CEASE USE OF THE SITE. COMPANY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY OF ANY KIND FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION. BY ACCESSING THE SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO COMPANY’S DISCLAIMER OF SUCH LIABILITY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, YOU SHOULD NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SITE. ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR SITE MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES, OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
Changes to Our Policy
We may update our Policy from time to time. Non-material changes will take effect immediately. If we make material changes, we will notify you by email (at the email address you have provided to us) or through notice on the home page of the Site, and will also indicate as much at the top of this page. Material changes will take effect 30 days after such notice. We encourage you to review this Policy at least every 30 days to check for material changes.
Privacy Concerns. If you have any concern or complaint about privacy on the Site, please contact us at the following email: email@example.com. We will do our best to respond to you in a timely and professional manner in order to answer your questions and resolve your concerns.